Want to get Dad the perfect gift this Father's Day? How about a Fishing License? Takemefishing.org has everything you need to know about fishing licenses for anywhere in the United States including prices and regulations. You can also find fishing reports, the Fishopedia, recipes, information about where to fish, information about the different types of fishing, tips for taking your children fishing, where to buy the best fishing supplies, boating information, and much, much more. Takemefishing.org also offers a fishing license ‘coupon’ that kids can cut out and put in a card for dad! For a direct link to view and print the 'coupon', please click here.
WHY A DAY ON THE WATER IS THE BEST GIFT
- An online survey conducted in April 2013 by Echo Research found that family outings are the top type of Father's Day gift – over sports tickets and power tools.
- Getting out on the water – either on land or by boat – is affordable and accessible. In fact, 90% of Americans live within one-hour of navigable water.
- Fishing provides a simple way to spend quality time with family, and if you have a boat, a fun way to fully enjoy the luxury of being out in open water.
- A license is something moms can help their children give.
- Start a family tradition – fishing is something you can pass down from generation to generation.
PURCHASING A LICENSE
- Visit: http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/license and choose the state you live in.
- There you can find quick links to your state fish and wildlife agency license page and you can purchase your fishing licenseright there online.
- Fishing license prices vary by state, as do the type of fishing license available, however, they are incredibly affordable. For example, a statewide freshwater fishing license in Virginia is just $23 and in Ohio just $19.
- Depending on the state you live in, your children may not require a license. Information such as this, as well as state-by-state regulations, and fishing reports are available at TakeMeFishing.org.
What are you waiting for? Check out Takemefishing.org for more information and while your there, check out the events section to see what's going on for the upcoming National Fishing and Boating Week (June 1-9)! Connect with takemefishing.org through Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube for great tips and tons of information.